The Seals and Bearings business of Morgan Advanced Materials excels in Magnesium Oxide (MgO) extrusion.
Manufacturing a range of low density magnesium oxide materials under the trademark of Luminex®, these materials are suitable for a range of uses due to their electrical and refractory properties.
MgO performs well in high temperatures, particularly as an electrical insulator, where our Luminex® grade excels.
Luminex® and other magnesia materials have uses in a wide variety of applications such as electrical insulation in thermocouples, heating elements and in medium voltage applications.
In collaboration with our customers, we combine the extensive knowledge of our materials engineers with proven development and manufacturing processes to provide a full application solution. This allows us to deliver capable, cost effective MgO materials and components that meet exacting customer specifications.
Morgan's magnesium oxide grades have the following properties:
- High temperature capability - up to 1500oC
- Excellent electrical resistance
- Excellent thermal conductor
- Particle size distribution, porosity and crushability can be tailored
- Made from 100% electrofused magnesium oxide
- High magnesia content and low impurities for a consistent material
- Minimal traces of boron and cadmium for low neutron capture
Typical magnesium oxide applications include:
- Cartridge heaters
- Mineral insulated thermocouples
- Medium voltage heaters
To learn more about our capabilities in MgO materials such as Luminex®, contact our Morgan experts today.